How to Decorate Your Room Using Painting Stencils
When you are running out of ideas on decorating the rooms inside your house to have beautiful and unique designs that are not ordinary then you should try using painting stencils to decorate your room.
Using painting stencils might be a new thing for some of you, but actually this technique has been used by many interior designers for a long time, and it is the secret that they have to create beautiful decorations in their client homes. This is one of the reasons why you should try to paint stencils to decorate your room.
What to prepare when decorating your room using painting stencils?
When you want to decorate your room using painting stencils there are some tools that you need to prepare such as:
- Stencils to use: choose any stencil that you want to use, you can find many types of stencils in any craft and art store near your place or you could also try to find any premade stencil with a specific pattern so you do not need to create your own.
- Paint to use: remember that you need several paint colors to create your painting stencils, make sure that you have enough paint of every color that you use.
- Tools to paint: there are some other tools that you need when you create your painting stencils such as stencil brushes, pencils, painter’s tape, drop clothes, laser levels, and ladders.
- Safety tools: you would also need some standard safety tools such as goggles, masks, and gloves to be used in the entire process.
How to decorate your room using painting stencils?
- Choose the wall where you want to decorate using painting stencils. You could actually decorate all the walls in your room, but it would take more time to do so, that is why most people only paint their main wall where people first notice when they walk in to the room.
- Preparation of the room for painting stencils. You need to cover the furniture in your room with drop clothes and spread them on the floor under the walls that you are painting to protect the floor.
- Use the laser level for painting stencils. This laser level is used so you could measure you walls and place the stencil in the correct place after you mark it with a pencil. You could place the stencil using painter’s tape.
- Draw the painting stencils. After all of the preparation has completed, you could then draw the paint using stencil the brush and paint that you have prepared before. Make sure that you use one color at a time and use a seperate brush for each color so they don’t mix. Wait until the paint is dry enough before you move the stencil, or any other paint colors. Paint until all the stencils are done.