Tips for Creating a Photo Collage Wall Decoration
If you have a plan to create a photo college wall decoration, but are still need of more tips to get the best results, you have found the right place. Continue reading this article and we will provide you a few tips to help you get the best results for creating a photo collage wall decoration. So consider trying to follow these instructional steps below that will help you to complete and even realize your new design plan! So, let’s check these out!
- The very first thing you have to do is make sure the cardboard or paper is taken out of the insert of your poster frame. You will use this later, but how? Because your photos will be attached, and that will help you complete this step.
- And the second step you have to do is to prepare your photos that you will be using. The outside edge of your photos should be cut, cropped and trimmed. Why do you have to do this? Yes, of course, because by doing it this way, that will give it more of a collage feel. And then, you can leave the photos in the tact if you like.
- And then, the next thing you have to remember is to put down some old sheets of newspaper, why do that you may ask? It is so your work area will be completely protected by doing it this way. An even coating of adhesive should be sprayed on the whole surface of the cardboard or paper frame inserts.
- After that, your photos should be arranged. Start placing your photos on the adhesive surface you made. Your photos should overlap and they should be arranged at different angles, so a more interesting effect can be created. If you would like to add more photos after all the sections have been covered with spray adhesive, the double-sided tape might be used, so they can be attached. If you want to create a border, remember to leave some space at the edges on all sides.
- And the next thing you have to remember is to create a border. If you would like a border on your collage, it is wise to use the double sided tape so the ribbon can be affixed at each edge. This will create a nice framed look to your collage. A photo mat border can also be created using the poster board. The stripes of poster board should be cut out as wide as you wish your border to be and as high as the dimensions of your frame. The double-sided tape should be used, so your border can be attached.
- And the last point you have to keep in your mind is that the collage that should be placed in the frame. And finally, your photo collage decoration is ready to hang and display for your family and guests.